Thursday, October 30, 2014

**That's What HE Said ~ #17**



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
from the Shatter Me Series


***

And I've fallen.

So hard.

I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.



I'm 100% Team Warner! 
I still have to read the last in the series, but I love this series and Mafi's writing!!

2 comments:

  1. Warner! *sigh* shame on you for not finishing yet! :P Though I was a little disappointed by the last book, it was still good.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??